Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Some Progress

Ok, so I still haven't joined the Y yet - but I have found a job!! It's a temp assignment in the Boston branch of a CA based financial svcs. Co. I just started today and have to say I hope the pace of the office picks up a bit. Sitting at the front desk, I answered a total of 2 phone calls in 7 hours and greeted a total of 4 visitors: the UPS Man, the Mail Man and the two employees who arrived after I did. This is a far cry from my last role of supporting hundreds of operations employees worldwide, and a schedule that seemed to run 24/7 - with sitting in on concalls to Asia at 10PM and arriving at 6AM to set up conferences. Oh yeah, but there was a reason why I left wasn't there? Oh yeah, it was probably the whole 24/7, concalls to Asia, 6AM conference setup - no appreciation thing. : ))

OK, so I'll give this place a try for a bit and see if it evolves into the 9-5 All American Dream that I've been hoping for.

Now that I'll be getting paid - I'll be able to head down to the Y soon sand sign up.

No comments: